Tuesday, September 13, 2011

HONEY, I SHRUNK THE BIPAP AUTO SV ADVANCED!

I can't help but be reminded of those before and after weight loss photos that you see on television if you stay up too late. "I lost over 45 lbs! I now look and feel so much better and am now able do to so many more things that I couldn't do before!" Well it appears that the Respironics BiPAP Auto SV Advanced devices are shedding some pounds and are also able to do more than they previously could.


As opposed to the older Legacy model (featured in the upper left corner) the newer System One model (featured in the upper right corner) is much smaller and has some new added features:
  • Firstly, the System One SV has a smaller SIM card port which all Respironic's System One CPAPs now come with as standard. This enables the device for fitting with a wireless modem which broadcasts a daily report on the patient compliance/therapy details straight to the clinicians. The modems are extremely helpful for patients who are immobile, hard to reach or simply reluctant to return for a face to face download.
  • Secondly, the System One SV now has Respironic's ambient humidity technology which utilizes a sensor to make sure that the humidity does not go above or below its target setting, thus decreasing rain out.
  • Lastly, the device is noticeably quieter than the larger legacy unit and due its small size, is much more convenient for traveling.  
I know that ResMed has (or is on the verge) of releasing a smaller version of its rather large Adapt SV. I have not yet had the opportunity to use this unit, but when I do I will report my experiences back to you.

-Mr. Sleep

1 comment:

  1. You made some excellent points in that post. I find this a really interesting subject.
    Respironics system one

    ReplyDelete